Inspection & Testing

Electrical Inspection & Testing

As part of our general domestic work we are required to test and certify and circuit we work on if we are making modifications and or additions to it. Generally speaking this is usually covered by a minor works certificate.

A minor works certificate outlines the alterations made and that thorough checks have been done to ensure the integrity of the circuit and that adequate earth and resistance readings are met with, also a visual inspection of the circuit is carried out before a certificate is issued.

A full EIC (Electrical Installation Certificate) is only issued on completion of a complete new installation or rewire. This is more in depth than a minor works certificate as there are details of each circuit, readings and details of every part of the installation and is presented once a thorough test regime has taken place.

If you are buying or selling a property, a landlord looking to rent out a flat, house or commercial building you should have a periodic inspection carried out in accordance with BS7671;18th Edition. Landlords with HMO’s (Homes with Multiple Occupancy) should have a Periodic Inspection every five years in order to obtain an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) which is required by insurance companies as well as being a legal requirement.

Call Now Button